How to take care of an Orchid




I grew up watching my mom plant different kind of flowers, but orchid has always been one of her favorites. I honestly didn't give much attention into it before, I would just watch her or help her when she's planting them or replanting them. My mother loves them so much that she would even talk to them. She told me they bloom better if they hear you talking, I don't really know about that but she thinks it works!

Over the time of just watching her ot helping her a little, I found myself getting fond about Orchids as well. They have different colors, some of them even have tiger prints which is really amazing.

So here it is!  I'm gonna tell you how to properly take care of your orchids with out any chemicals.





"Orchids are easily distinguished from other plants, as they share some very evident, shared derived characteristics."

We are living in the Philippines so we experience sunny time for the most part of the year, Orchids doesn’t mind sun but too much of them will also hurt them, nets will help block the sun, not totally of course but it helps.

Orchids usually grow on trees, but we planted ours in a pot.

The pot should be filled with charcoal, broken ceramic(if available) and coconut husk, yes not soil. When the orchid is already planted you must secure that it's done tight so the roots can cling to the materials around it. You must also water it regularly,  preferably morning and afternoon.
And keep them happy! Make them feel loved, plants reciprocate the energy you give to them.





These are the beautiful orchids in our garden in full bloom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Tuna Pasta

Easy DIY gift wrapping